Page 18 of the Cloud 9 bouldering guide. Featuring The Long Short Wall, V-Day Block and The Short Tall Wall.
Graphics of The Long Short Wall, V-Day Block and a text file are included.
Cloud 9 - Mullie's Wall Area - by chip - Behind Mullie's Rock - Page 18
Behind Mullie's rock
A 20 foot wide corridor just behind Mullie's Wall. Needs some cleaning, but good.
1. Traverse V2/4: A 70 foot traverse from right to left. Underclings and flakes.
2. Dark Star V2:* Fun and doable. Go up undercling and face holds to lay back near top right.
(Variation: go straight up with good pocket). High.
3. Upper North Face V1:* A face with undercling. Start traverse right to left. Cool.
The Long Short Wall/Tony's Wall
70 feet east of Mullie's Wall and north of V-Day boulder, a long discontinuous brown wall
(average 20 feet high) has pockets and cracks. A good quick stop after Mullie's.
1. Traverse V2:* Start at tree and stay slow following pockets to tree and up pockets. Nice.
2. Maritime Sailors Cathedral V0: Follow cracks and pebbles.
3. Bell Bottom Blues V1: Pockets. Up two finger pockets left of crack.
4. The Scallop V0: Up laybacks left to jug fest.
Matt and Trip's Traverse V7:* On the north face of the big rock that is south of Mullies Wall.
A good long traverse with a good up finish. Solid rock and nice landings
A nice square block south east of Mullies Wall. Most problems on the east face.
(Walk down hill from Tony's Wall)
1. Arete V0:
2. V3: Up tiny tweaks - just left of right margin of wall.
3. Supergood V0: Straight up huecos, pockets in center of the wall.
You can exit three ways at the top.
4. V5: Start low left side of boulder in pockets. Pass mono-divot to crimper top out!
5. Traverse V?: From south face to east face. Having fun. At the mono.
Short Tall Wall/aka Hueco Wall Part Deux:
Uphill from Tony's Wall in the gully is the tall (70 feet) beige wall covered in ribs and pockets.
No up problems go, yet.
1. Traverse V2/3: A pump and athletic traverse along the base of the west face.
Go from right to left on huecos. Avoid the ledges for your feet towards the end for bonus pump value.
A good warm up.